The New Zealand Samoa Trade & Investment Commission was launched in Auckland in June 2011 by the Government of Samoa with the key objective of facilitating, strengthening and increasing the flow of trade and investment between New Zealand and Samoa.
Social and economic prosperity for Samoa and New Zealand
To provide leadership, in facilitating and promoting trade and investment between New Zealand and Samoa through the development of partnerships, ideas and goodwill.
The vision of the National Export Strategy of Samoa is for the export sector to be a major contributor to sustainable economic growth. Samoa has targeted five main sectors for improving export performance, namely fisheries, manufacturing, agriculture, tourism and services. Ultimately the Commission’s main objective is to facilitate the improvement of trade balance between New Zealand and Samoa leading to sustained economic growth and prosperity for both countries.
As a valued member of the Commission you will benefit in the following ways:
- Rapid access to information regarding business opportunities and introduction to key players responsible for trade and investment matters in Samoa
- Become part of an increasing network of trade and investment minded people in both Samoa and New Zealand
- Receive updates on a regular basis regarding trade developments and other issues from Samoa including outcome of any trade and investment missions.
- Opportunity to meet with political and business leaders visiting New Zealand from Samoa
- Access to the Samoa High Commission and Consulate General Office for assistance regards letter of introduction, facilitating trade missions and visits.
- Contribute to practical research activities in the area of trade and relating issues
- Receive informed advice on the latest opportunities available for investment in Samoa